|SHARE THIS STORY||
The paper is demanding an apology and compensation from K24, the station where Ahmednasir made those remarks.
This was their advert yesterday.
On August 22, lawyer Mr Ahmednasir Abdullahi falsely alleged on K24 television station that the Managing Director of the Star Publications, Mr William Pike, is a ‘British spy’ or MI6 agent. This is an outright lie. There is no evidence of any kind to substantiate this claim.The lawyer for the Star has written to K24 demanding an apology, retraction and compensation for this outrageous allegation. In our view, Mr Ahmednasir is peddling this nonsense to distract attention from the mounting criticism over his own activities within the Judicial Service Commission and the Law Society of Kenya. Mr Ahmednasir wishes to make out that he is the victim of a conspiracy, rather than the architect of his own misfortunes.
In particular, we believe Mr Ahmednasir is anxious to silence the Star newspaper which has done more than the other mainstream newspapers to expose concerns over his real estate dealings, political ambitions, and his role within the judiciary. He is therefore trying to discredit the Star by making underhand allegations about its managing director.Mr Ahmednasir is lying about the Star and its managing director and we now publicly demand that he come up with the strictest proof, or else withdraw the allegation and apologise.
We would like to assure Mr Ahmednasir as long as he holds a public position we will continue to do our duty to our readers by holding him accountable for every utterance and action contrary to the law and the spirit of the Constitution.The Star’s position is clear - we will not relent in our quest to expose any questionable action by unconscionable public officials.
He tweeted that he had overwhelming evidence, following 18 months of investigations.
2. We have taken almost 18 months to investigate him at huge cost. The evidence that he is an mi6 is simply overwhelming.
4. His code name amongst the intelligence community is william "simba" pike.
4. 18 pages exclusive in the sept issue of nairobi law monthly. Amazing story of espionage in east africa.
5. I have no political ambitions or real estate dealings that I am scared of. I am an open book. But simba is a spy hidding as editor.
6. Let william simba pike wait for our side of the story before he runs a round like a headless chicken. Spying is treason.